Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oh Come, All Ye Fashionistas


If you’ve read my blog much at all you know that Joe and I don’t take parenting very seriously. Sure, our kids are fed and clothed and have all their required shots and we spend a lot of time teaching them the moral and ethical lessons they’ll need in life, but that’s all balanced out with a very healthy dose of sarcasm and comedy. I grew up in a house full of laughter and hope my kids will remember the same from their childhood.

Some of my friends have a similar take on parenthood. My friend Leslie is a fellow mom of four, and her stories crack me up. I'm talking, "Oh please stop, my stomach hurts" kind of funny. Her kids give her great material to work with, but the real magic is in her delivery. Check out her most recent Facebook status:

So we put up ALL our Christmas stuff this weekend. LOVE IT! Put up my little nativity scene and it was clear that Olivia was going to use it to play "house". I reluctantly agreed and this morning noticed that baby Jesus is dressed up like Polly Pocket. Please Lord, forgive us....

So on this first day of December, as we roll into the holiday season, let’s remember the reason for the celebrating…and also have a lot of fun doing it. :)


Update! Leslie's post from this afternoon:
Does anyone know how to get 2 wise men and Mary out of the Weebles treehouse?? Something's fishy about this.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails