Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Always Sunny in Lollipop Land

I’ve made it through two full days on the new job and I’m happy to report that my worst fears have NOT come true:
  • Evan was NOT inconsolable without the 24/7 care of his mommy. In fact, he found his grandparents pretty darned entertaining. My mom said he would toddler over and stand in front of my dad, smiling at him because he knew if he waited long enough Papa would do something really silly. It goes without saying that Evan was never disappointed.

  • We did NOT lose any kids. Everyone got where they were supposed to be, even though the school district threw a wild card “early release day” into the mix. In fact, the three older boys stayed home by themselves all afternoon and didn’t even burn the house down! I’m so proud.

  • I did NOT get stuck in hyper-maternal mode and use mommy spit to flatten down any coworkers’ cowlicks or ask my boss if she made a stinky in her pooper. There was no need – in the amazing fortress of sunshine and light where I am now employed everyone has great hair and it smells just divine.

I’m really not kidding about that last one. My new office is a-maaaaaay-zing. When I walk in each morning little munchkins walk up, dance a snappy jig and present me with lollipops. (I’m pretty sure I saw a dead witch under a house in the parking lot.)


It’s decorated supercool and everyone is so friendly and glad to meet me. I wonder how long I can hold them off before they realize what a freak I really am and turn on me?

Ha.

And GET THIS. I stumbled upon a file containing all of the electronic resume submissions for my job and I beat out 500 people. FIVE HUNDRED PEOPLE, ya’ll. I’m not even kidding. Or lying. You’ll have to just trust me on this one.

You have no idea what that did for my self-confidence, which was incredibly low after taking so long to get a job. And what does that say about the economy that 500 people were trying for one single job? It makes me sad for the 499 people who got “no go” letters.

But back to me… :)

It’s going GREAT and I couldn’t be happier. I’m so lucky to be surrounded by people who are rooting for me. My friends texted me to see how my first day was going. My parents watched Evan all day and then drove him to the indoor soccer field to meet up with Joe and make things easier on that front. Our awesome friends asked all three older boys to spend the night after my first day of work (they had today off), just so I could relax without all hell breaking loose around me. The hubs has been an absolute prince and has shouldered his extra duties without complaining once. I am truly blessed to have so many people in my life who want to see me succeed.

And it’s off to the lollipop mines again tomorrow for day three! Can’t wait.

9 comments:

Law Momma said...

OMG I want your job. The only little people around here are angry elves and all the witches are DEFINITELY still alive. Enjoy the new job and so glad you didn't ask your boss about her pooper. :)

Heidi Walker said...

They are all likely freaks too. Every great place to work is full of them. Trust me I work at the Kansas City Art Institute. It is a blast and a freak fest.

Rebekah said...

Hooray! Working mom-hood can be so liberating, especially the parts where you have lunch with grown-ups and don't have to cut up any hot dogs and wipe ketchup off the walls.

Heather said...

WTG, Cyndi!! 500?! That's one heck of an accomplishment! Great post!

Yankee Girl said...

Is it okay that I hate you a little for loving your job?

In all seriousness, I am so glad you are liking it. There are WAY too many people who are unhappy where they work. Lollipops and gumdrops seems like a great place to me!

Linda said...

So glad you are enjoying the Munchkien Land without the munchkins! Beating out 500 people? That is pretty awesome :)

JenJen said...

How awesome! You totally are living the American dream! I kinda wanna punch you in the eye! Just a little! Just a softie punch!

So your bloggers are jealous. Add that to your lollipop list....we all wanna be livin' in your land!

The Mayor! said...

Cyndi! Been following for awhile now from some club or another (honestly, I can't keep them straight anymore HA!), I so relate to 4 rug rats...though I only have one boy in the mix LOL! Anywho, had to let you know that I have given you an award for blogging, cause your blog rocks! Pop by my site & check it out, & good luck with the new job!!

Tracy! (AKA The Mayor!) :-D
http://www.crazytownmayor.com

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

So glad that your return to the adult world went so well for everyone. It gives me hope for the day that I return too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails