Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Big Brother Blogging Buddy

This is my oldest brother Bryan (with my youngest son, Evan):


I have a total of three brothers – two older, one younger – so Bryan is responsible for approximately 1/3 of my psychological scarring. He’s a sergeant first class in the National Guard and works full-time for Uncle Sam as a recruiter, and if you can think of a harder job in the current political climate, I’d love to hear it. Still, he’s consistently one of the top recruiters in the state and sometimes in the country. Before his National Guard stint, Bryan spent over ten years in the Army, and although he tries to put forth a Barney Bad-Ass persona on a daily basis, this is how he looks when I think of him:


That’s me on the left and why I’m kissing him I’ll never know because he got all of us up and dressed early that Christmas morning and my outfit is a little more suited for the beach in July than Michigan in December. But he tried, and I suppose that’s what counts.

Anyway, Bryan is one of the funniest people I know (as you can probably tell from the pants he’s rocking in that picture) and writes a blog called The Life of Bryan that is so funny it has given me a stomach ache from laughing on more than one occasion. He and I have each blogged in the past but it’s just been the last few months when we both decided to buckle down and get serious about it. He is incredible supportive of my writing, as I hope I am of his.

So go check out his site and I bet you’ll get a stomach ache from laughing or maybe even pee your pants a little. You’ve been warned.



1 comment:

Bryan said...

Barney Bad Ass or not, that picture brought a tear. Thank you for the blog post and thanks for the picture. You're the best sister ever!
I love you,
Bryan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails