Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's a Post About Nothing

Weird, funny, sometimes mind-boggling things go down in our house on a daily basis. With four boys and a slightly-more-mature-than-the-kids husband, that’s bound to happen. (Okay, I’m to blame for just a little of it too.)

Oh…and the dogs! Those damn stupid DOGS!

Odd goings-on beget funny stories, which I’ve shared with my friends and family, always getting one of the following responses:
  • Oh, I hope you’re writing this down!

  • That’s funny. You should write a book.

  • You poor, poor woman. Should I call for help?

Ha. I made up that last one. As much as I personally think I need it, no one has ever offered me psychological help.

Stop laughing, I’m serious. They haven’t.

Anyway, I’ve always loved to write and considering I have the memory span of a Labrador puppy, I decided to start this blog as a way to keep the stories alive. In ten, twenty, thirty years I’ll want to remember that Brandon pronounces his favorite food “skabetti”, that Cameron sometimes has to be removed from the Xbox for cursing at the digital football players, that Jerame has literally lost 37 pairs of gloves this winter alone, and that my husband Joe thinks its funny to talk like Snoop Dogg for hours on end (fo shizzle). So the decision was made to write the blog as a way to get those thoughts out of my head and into some savable form.

And approximately 30 seconds after I came up with that great idea, my kids (and husband) stopped doing anything remotely worth reporting.

I have no idea why this happened, it just did. I’ve been closely trailing them all week, poking my head into their rooms, eavesdropping on their conversations to get something – anything! – that I could turn into a story.

Nothin’.

I’ll keep on it. Eventually one of these kids (or the husband) have to screw up big and I’ll be there, waiting for it.

And you’ll be the first to know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails